Saturday, February 9, 2013

2013 February 9 - Morning Manna


That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. (1 John 1:1-4)



Today's Morsel: I have noticed that almost every city's  T.V. program has what they call, "Eyewitness News."  Someone say that they saw exactly what happened and it is reported.  John said that they (the apostles) were eyewitnesses, that they had seen God.  He said, "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)."  I would have love to have been there when Jesus revealed himself to His apostles.  I can only imagine what went through their minds as Jesus walked through the wall and told Thomas to put his hand in His side and his finger in the nail prints in His hand.  Flabbergasted expressions, I am sure went across each of their faces in the room that day.  And when they saw Him walking on the water, opening blinded eyes, unstopping deaf ears, I'm sure they were shocked.  But through it all, John said, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him" (John 1:14-18).  John wrote that no man had seen God at anytime.  He was speaking of times before.  But then he said, Jesus had declared Him.  In other words,  Jesus had reveal Himself to them.  Jesus had told them and had given them understanding. "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God" (Isaiah 43:10-12).  Are you a witness of His deity?



 Sing:  Everybody ought to know! Everybody ought to know! Everybody ought to know! Who Jesus is. (2x)

He's the Lily of the Valley.  He's the Bright and Morning Star.  He's the Fairest of Ten Thousand. Everybody ought to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment