Monday, February 25, 2013

2013 February 25 - Morning Manna

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness. Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David. (Isaiah 55:1-3)
Today's Morsel: In the 60's, the Beatles made a song entitlee, "Can't Buy Me Love." Some of the lyrics said: "I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend, if it makes you feel all right. I'll get you anything my friend, if it makes you feel all right. Cause I don't care too much for money, for money can't buy me love. I'll give you all I've got to give, if you say you love me too. I may not have a lot to give, but what I've got I'll give to you. For I don't care too much for money, for money can't buy me love."
The Beatles realized that money can't buy love. Sad to say, too many have yet to figure that out. Every day people are buying their children gadgets; cars, phones, computers and clothes; trying to get them to love them. But money can't buy you love. Peter told Simon, "Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money" (Acts 8:20). Money can't but you love, because God is love (1 John 4:8). "Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not?" Jesus is the bread of life (John 6:35), and He's the only one that can satisfy your soul. So unless you are going to give others Jesus, you are wasting your money.
Sing: The love of God is more to me than all this world could ever be; It reaches down from the throne of glory, and sets the vilest sinner free.

No comments:

Post a Comment