Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2013 February 26 - Morning Manna

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. (Genesis 2:15-17)


Today's Morsel: I can remember as a kid there was a nest of wasps in a tree and I kept throwing things at it. My mom said, "Boy, leave those wasps alone or they are going to sting you." Did I heed her advice? Not until one of them stung me. Why do we have to learn lessons the hard way? Why can't we just obey when we are told that things aren't good for us? The Lord told Adam, and all indications is that Adam told Eve, to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the midst of the garden because they would die. Did they listen? Not until they had disobeyed and realized that they were naked. It is the same today. So many read the Word of God, disobey it, and then expect God to bless them. Then to top it off, they want you to pray for them. As the Lord told Samuel, "You might as well stopping praying and interceding for Saul, because I've already rejected him." (1 Samuel 16:1) (My wording) Solomon said, "Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning" (Proverbs 9:9). The wise in heart shall be called prudent and a good man is satisfied from himself.


Sing: Jesus! Jesus! You know what's best for me, so lead on, Jesus, I'll go wherever you lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment