Thursday, February 21, 2013

2013 February 21 - Morning Manna

And Jacob sent and called Rachel and Leah to the field unto his flock, And said unto them, I see your father's countenance, that it is not toward me as before; but the God of my father hath been with me. And ye know that with all my power I have served your father. And your father hath deceived me, and changed my wages ten times; but God suffered him not to hurt me. If he said thus, The speckled shall be thy wages; then all the cattle bare speckled: and if he said thus, The ringstraked shall be thy hire; then bare all the cattle ringstraked. Thus God hath taken away the cattle of your father, and given them to me. And it came to pass at the time that the cattle conceived, that I lifted up mine eyes, and saw in a dream, and, behold, the rams which leaped upon the cattle were ringstraked, speckled, and grisled. And the angel of God spake unto me in a dream, saying, Jacob: And I said, Here am I. And he said, Lift up now thine eyes, and see, all the rams which leap upon the cattle are ringstraked, speckled, and grisled: for I have seen all that Laban doeth unto thee. I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred. And Rachel and Leah answered and said unto him, Is there yet any portion or inheritance for us in our father's house? (Genesis 31:4-14)
Today's Morsel: I have heard of many families who become divided when they are left out of the family will or heritage. It can become a family feud. There are many hurts and disappointments in families over material possessions. When God told Jacob to return to his home land, Jacob called his wives, Rachel and Leah, to tell them what had transpired between him and their father. He told them how his wages had been changed ten times. How he kept taking things that God was providing him, and that now God had told him to return to the land of his fathers. And Rachel and Leah said, "Is there yet any portion or inheritance for us in our father's house?" In other words, is there anything left for us? Jesus said, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:1-3). There may not be anything for you in your father's house here upon this earth, but if you keep your relationship with Jesus intact here on earth, then in your Father's house in heaven, there will be everything you've ever desired. Besides, you can't carry this material stuff there anyhow.
Sing: In this house, there is joy, in this house, there's salvation for your soul. In this house your life can be made whole, everything you need is in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment