Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2013 February 12 - Morning Manna

The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit. (Proverbs 12:12)
Today's Morsel: When I first went to Japan in 1993, I was told that the produce was very expensive and that most Americans ate canned applesauce because they could not afford the apples. Granted, produce in Japan is very expensive but I figured if I was getting a cost of living adjustment then I could eat fruit. And I did whenever I wanted to. Even if it did sometimes cost me $3.00 for an apple or $1.00 for a banana. Solomon said that the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit. His father David said, "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper" (Psalms 1:1-3). Jeremiah said, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit" (Jeremiah 17:7-8). Remember we are not the root nor the vine, we are the branches. Jesus is the root and the vine: "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD... And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious" (Isaiah 11:1-2;10). "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing" (John 15:1-5). The greatest thing about bearing fruit is that you never get too old to do it. "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him" (Psalms 92:12-15). And once we become the righteousness of God, (1 John 3:7) we should be bearing fruit as well.
Sing: Bringing in the sheaves, bringing in the sheaves, we shall come rejoicing bringing in the sheaves (2x).

No comments:

Post a Comment