Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2013 February 5 - Morning Manna


 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:1-10)

Today's Morsel:  How often do you have sinners into your home for a visit?  Someone said told me, "Every day, because I am one!" (humor)  Jesus was a friend to sinners because He knew that that was the mission.  He told the religious leaders the sick are the ones that need the physician not the whole (my wording).  But what we find in the church is that saints only want to minister to saints.  And that is all good, but the gospel is for the sinner.  If you have obeyed the gospel, then the gospel is no longer for you.  You must now live your life according to the epistles, as these are the letters to the church telling you how to live, and the gospel will be evident in your life.  It seems that lots of folks want to tell what Jesus did, but few want  to follow His example.  Jesus said, "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."  He went to Zacchaeus' home to show us not to be afraid to visit with sinners.  His mission was restoration and reconciliation.  Well today, I think I will go and see how many sinners I can have lunch with.  Do I have any takers?  Remember, we are all sinners saved by grace.

Sing:  I'll say yes, Lord, yes, to Your will and to Your way, I'll say yes Lord, yes, I will trust You and obey; when Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment