Monday, February 4, 2013

2013 February 4 - Morning Manna


Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD. Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name is to be praised. (Psalms 113:1-3)

Today's Morsel: Many people will have made New Year's resolutions and now one month into the new year they will have broken them. They just don't seem to have the stick-to-it-ness that is needed to be steadfast and unmovable. But when it comes to praise, this should be a resolution that all of God's children should never break.  The writer of Hebrews admonishes, "By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name" (Hebrews 13:15).  When we have an attitude of gratitude towards God, we will keep the praises flowing.  And the Lord said, "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God" (Psalms 50:23).   "Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" (Psalms 107:8).   I'm sure there is something you can find to give God thanks for daily, even if it's just being alive and able to read this Manna.

Sing:  I'm gonna praise the Lord anyway that I can. I'm gonna praise the Lord anyway that I can. I'm gonna praise Him in the morning, praise Him all day long. I'm gonna praise the Lord anyway that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment