Saturday, February 16, 2013

2013 February 16 - Morning Manna

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
(Psalms 118:6).
Today's Morsel: When we were kids and would go out to play ball, we always wanted to select the biggest and hopefully best guys to be on our team. No matter how many guys were there, if we knew that someone was good, we always selected that person to be on our side first in order to better our chances of winning. We never took into consideration that he might get hurt and not be able to perform. But because we knew what they were capable of doing, we chose them. The psalmist said that the Lord is on my side. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't I be on His side? Doesn't scripture tell us that He's the captain of the hosts? The psalmist is speaking of divine protection here. In other words, God is standing by him so that there will be no hurt. And the same is true with you. If you are His child, you are protected by Him, too. So fret not little flock, God has you protected. I'm glad He chose me to be on His side.
Sing: Tell me whose side are you standing on? Standing on the Lord's side. Tell me whose side are you standing on? Standing on the Lord's side.
I stand! I stand! I stand! I stand! Standing on the Lord's side. I stand! I stand! I stand! Standing on the Lord's side.

No comments:

Post a Comment