Saturday, July 29, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 July 2023

What Is Your Function?

“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” (John 15:16)

Today’s Morsel: What is your function in the church? What is your ministry? Do you have a job in your church? What do you feel God is calling you to do since you were born-again? Is the secular world and responsibilities taking and consuming all your time that you do not have time for what God is asking of you to do? Do you feel as though you are always drained, and you don’t have the energy to go to church or tell someone about Jesus? Do you feel that Sunday is the day that you need to rest because you must go to work on Monday? Well, if you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, it is because you don’t know what your function is in the church. You see, Jesus didn’t choose you so that you would always be worn out and depleted of energy. He chose you so that you would commit yourself to Him for His purpose. And that is to bring forth fruit. If your ministry and calling are not the first priorities in your life, sooner or later you are going to become depleted of energy, depressed, stressed, discouraged, and you are going to quit and walk away. Jesus knows that you need a job to take care of yourself and your family. But if you do not seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, you aren’t ever going to have the things that you have need of. Every conjunction has a function. May I suggest that you find out what yours is.

Sing: Lord, I give you my heart, I give you my soul, I live for You alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake, Lord, have Your way in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment