Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 July 2023

Leave A Different Way

“But when the people of the land shall come before the LORD in the solemn feasts, he that entereth in by the way of the north gate to worship shall go out by the way of the south gate; and he that entereth by the way of the south gate shall go forth by the way of the north gate: he shall not return by the way of the gate whereby he came in, but shall go forth over against it.” (Ezekiel 46:9)

Today’s Morsel: Lately, while traveling here in Wisconsin, my GPS seems to take me on a different route than what I am used to for getting to my destination. A few weeks ago, while heading to Green Bay to visit with our son and his family, it took me across the country, through small towns and wooded areas instead of the normal highways with lots of traffic. Such beautiful sites to see. The Lord told Ezekiel that when the people came to worship if they came in by the north gate, then they were to leave by the south gate and vice-versa. When you go to worship God at your church you ought to never leave the same way that you came in. If you leave feeling beaten up, drained, or that you didn’t get anything out of the service, you didn’t leave a different way. You probably left the way that you went in. You came in the gate not to worship. You came in the gate just to be there. Just to check the box that you went to church. You didn’t come to worship Jesus; you came for you, and you got disappointed. Because if you come to worship Jesus, you are going to leave out a different way, and no one can hinder you. As the angel told the wise men when they came to see Jesus, see that you leave a different way.

Sing: Well, I went to a church meeting one night, and that was alright, but something, got ahold of me.  I said, I went to a church meeting one night, and that was alright, but something, got ahold of me. Oh, yes it did! It got into my hands and when down to my feet, I started spinning and dancing, speaking in tongues, because something, got ahold of me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment