Monday, July 10, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 July 2023

Resist The Devil and He Will Flee

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)

Today’s Morsel: I love the word of God. It tells me everything that I need to do to be successful in life. It even tells me how to defeat Satan. Jesus gave us the example how to defeat him, and that is by resisting him. Everything that Satan tried to get Jesus to do, Jesus resisted him by telling him what God’s word said.  Scripture says: “Then the devil leaveth him, and behold, angels came and ministered unto him.” (Matthew 4:11) Notice, when you resist him, he will leave you alone. But if you keep talking about him, elevating him, and saying that everything you are going through is of him, he’s going to stick around and defeat you. Some folks are always fighting with the devil. I don’t have time for that.  Like Jesus, I’ve learned to just resist him. So how do you resist him? James said submit yourself to God. There are four conditions which we must fulfill if God is to have full possession of our lives:

  1. We must be subject to the will of God, James 4:7
  2. We must draw nigh to God, James 4:8
  3. We must cleanse our hands and purify our hearts, James 4:8
  4. We must humble ourselves before Him, James 4:10

You don’t have time to waste on the devil, he is a loser. And all those who work on his side are losers. Stop wasting your time and start resisting him. And you do that beloved by: “...building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.” (Jude 1:20-21) 

Sing: I’m Yours Lord, everything I am, everything I’ve got, everything I’m not. I’m Your Lord, try me now and see, see if I can be completely Yours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment