Friday, July 14, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 July 2023

Do You Love the Word?

“Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.” (Jeremiah 15:16)

Today’s Morsel: Moses informed the Children of Israel: “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.” (Deuteronomy 6:4-9) Why did he place such an emphasis on loving God with all their heart, soul, and mighty? I believe it was because if we do not have a love for God, we will not have a love for His word. People will tell you that they are Christians and have a love for God, but they never read His word. If we say that we are Christians and never read God’s word, we are no better than the atheist or anyone who is an unbeliever. There are just certain things that are required for being a Christian. Even Jesus told His disciples that the things which were written in the Old Testament were about Him. “And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.” (Luke 24:44) The Bible is designed to help you build Godly character, possess sound wisdom, and help you make it to heaven. The psalmist said, “I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil.” (Psalms 119:162). The Bible is a great treasure. 

Sing: I love Him, I love Him, because He first loved me, He purchased my salvation on Calvary.


No comments:

Post a Comment