Saturday, July 15, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 July 2023

Enjoying The Kingdom of God

“Let not then your good be evil spoken of: For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” (Romans 14:16-17)

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes, when I observe some Christians, they look as though the world has fallen upon them, and they don’t know what to do. They seem to have no joy, no peace, they are never content, and they complain about everything. And I ask myself, “Didn’t Jesus come to give us life and that more abundantly?” Doesn’t the scripture say that the fruit of the spirit is joy...?” So, what is going on here? Paul says that the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Are you enjoying Jesus? You see, sadness and low self-esteem are some of those things that I categorize as choices that we make, because none of these things came with the Holy Ghost. You see, if you want excitement and joy in your life, you must keep the fire of the Holy Ghost burning on the altar, and never let the light go out. I am not worried about this world, nor what politicians do, this world is not my home. I’m going to heaven. I’ve already purchased my ticket. I didn’t take out a term life insurance policy. I purchased a whole life insurance policy when I became born-again. What am I talking about? I’m not serving Jesus on terms as some folks do. You know, if things aren’t on their terms, then they don’t serve Him. If they don’t like the pastor, his mannerism, then they don’t go to church. That’s a term policy. But with a whole policy, no matter what is going on. No matter who quit serving Him. No matter what others may think of me. It’s still all about Jesus and it is a time of rejoicing. Come on, stay drunk in the Holy Ghost. That’s what they accused the first church of being on the Day of Pentecost when they were filled with the Holy Ghost. Stay completely in love with Jesus and enjoy the life He has gifted to you.

Sing: Rejoice for the steps of a righteous man, they are ordered of God, they are ordered of God; Rejoice for the steps of a righteous man, they are ordered of God. 


1 comment: