Monday, July 17, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 17 July 2023

Faithfulness

“And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.” (Lamentations 3:18-26)

Today’s Morsel: The root word for the word faithfulness is the word faith. According to the writer of Hebrews 11:1, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. In other words, faith is the source. It is the foundation upon which all our beliefs and hopes are founded upon. So, why does God require us to be faithful? But before you answer that question, what must we be faithful to? First and foremost, we ought to be faithful to God. Then we ought to be faithful to our neighbor, to our employer, our church, our leaders over us, our family and loved ones, and any vows that we may make. Because we are God’s children and God is faithful, that same trait ought to be in us as faith came with the Holy Ghost. Listen to Paul for a moment: “Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.” (1 Corinthians 4:2) Are you faithful? God has entrusted us with His word, His goods, and His finances to advance His kingdom. Are you using it for what He’s given it to you for? Faithfulness is just a by-product of the character trait trustworthy. Can Jesus trust you? Can you trust yourself?  Be faithful to Jesus.

Sing: He’s been faithful, faithful, to me, looking back, His love and mercy I see.  In my heart, I have questioned, even failed to believe, yet He’s been faithful, faithful to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment