Friday, July 21, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 July 2023

I’m Not Coming Down

“Now it came to pass, when Sanballat, and Tobiah, and Geshem the Arabian, and the rest of our enemies, heard that I had builded the wall, and that there was no breach left therein; (though at that time I had not set up the doors upon the gates;) That Sanballat and Geshem sent unto me, saying, Come, let us meet together in some one of the villages in the plain of Ono. But they thought to do me mischief. And I sent messengers unto them, saying, I am doing a great work, so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?” (Nehemiah 6:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: Have you ever noticed that when you are trying to do a great work for the Lord, someone, or something just seems to always try to hinder you. People will start to complain about the dates that you have scheduled for the revival. They tell you that they must work on that Sunday. Their children have sports that day. Or that they have guests coming to town during that time.  Excuses just seem to come out of nowhere. You want to shout “Calgon take me away,” because you know that you gave folks the schedule at the beginning of the year.  But Nehemiah told Sanballat and Tobiah, “I don’t have time to come down. I am doing a great work so that I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you.” He said I don’t have the time to waste on you. I’m not quitting what am doing to entertain you. This work is too great, and I can’t lose a minute of time.  I think this needs to be the attitude of everyone in the church. We need to see the work of the Lord as a great work, and we don’t have time to waste on foolishness and noncommittal of others. I don’t know about you, but I’m not quitting, and neither am I coming down until the work is done. 

Sing: I want to scale the upward height and catch a glimpse of glory bright; But still I’ll pray till Heaven I’ve found, “Lord lead me on to higher ground.”

Lord lift me up and let me stand, by faith, on heaven's table land.  A higher plane than I have found.  Lord plant my feet on higher ground. 


1 comment: