Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 18 July 2023

The 5 Cs of Marriage

“Thou shalt not commit adultery.” (Exodus 20:14)

Today’s Morsel: When we look at scripture, we see that God values marriages. The religious leaders desired to know what Jesus’ take on the subject was. Scripture says: “…they say unto him, why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away? He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. And I say unto you, whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.” (Matthew 19:7-9) In other words, Jesus said, if you have a sexual relationship with others after being married, you commit adultery. So, what are the 5Cs for a good marriage:

  1. Communication: “But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.” (Hebrews 13:16) 
  2. Commitment: “And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.” (Ruth 1:16-17)
  3. Compassion: “And of some have compassion, making a difference:” (Jude 1:22)
  4. Compatibility: “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” (2 Corinthians 6:14)
  5. Contentment: “And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.” (1 Timothy 6:8)

If you implement these things into your marriage, you will see that your marriage will be stronger.   

Sing: I love you; I love you; I love you; what more can I say, but that I truly love you.   And I’ll try to live my life so that it says it too.  I love you; I love you; I truly love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment