Thursday, July 27, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 27 July 2023

How Valuable Is Wisdom?

“For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.” (Proverbs 8:11)

Today’s Morsel: The book of Proverbs has been tagged the book of wisdom. So, what kind of price tag do you place on wisdom? I often ask myself, how much debt and sorrow I could have avoided when I was young if I had known about wisdom. When I counseled men in the prisons, I thought to myself, how many of these men would not be in here if they had had wisdom. Wisdom is the most important thing, other than the Holy Ghost, that you can have in your life. Wisdom was here before God ever made the heavens and the earth (read Proverbs 8). You may say, how is that possible? Because Jesus Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1:24) If we do not valuable wisdom we are heading for destruction. “Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.” (Proverbs 4:5-8) When wisdom enters your heart, and knowledge is pleasant to your soul, discretion will preserve you and understanding will keep you. Go get wisdom!

Sing: Deeper, deeper, in the love of Jesus, daily let me go; Higher, higher, in the school of wisdom, more of grace to know.

O’ deeper yet, I pray, and higher every day, and wiser, blessed Lord, in Thy precious holy word.


1 comment: