Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 July 2023

The Just for The Unjust

“For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:” (1 Peter 3:18)

Today’s Morsel: Most people do not like to suffer nor go through things in their life. But I’ve learned that God’s ways are not my ways. Some people may think that it is totally unfair when those who are doing right have to suffer for those who are doing wrong. When I was a Drill Instructor in the army, I used this principle often. I have had my entire platoon stand outside in the rain, all do pushups, all execute the dying cockroach, stand with their weapons over their heads for long periods of time, and all work on the weekends, all because of one of their teammates did wrong. The just suffering for the unjust. The purpose was for them to help their peers learn to do what was right. And at the same time, it was to show the ones that were doing wrong learn how they were causing their fellow teammates to suffer because of themselves. There were many who suffered that had done no wrong during those 40 years that Israel walked and died in the wilderness, all because of a few that did wrong. Peter tells us that Jesus even suffered for us. Jesus was just. In Him was no sin at all. He did not sin, and yet He had to suffer because of our sins. The just for the unjust. And He did it just so we could go to heaven and live with Him forever. So, the next time you feel that your punishment is unfair because you didn’t do anything wrong, just think of Jesus, who did no wrong and neither was guile found in His mouth. He suffered just for you.

Sing: I know it was the blood, I know it was the blood, I know it was the blood that saved me.  One day when I was lost Jesus died on the cross,  I know it was the blood that saved me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment