Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 February 2022

 The Same Love

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.(Philippians 2:1-2)

Today’s Morsel: How much are you imitating Jesus by your love? Is your love the same as His? Do you possess the same love in quality, being warm and cheerful, sincere, truthful, and genuine? Do you have the same love for others as you do for Christ? Do you have the same love for the doctrine of Christ, the same ministers of the gospel, for all the saints, rich and poor, high, and low, weak or strong believers, are you without impartiality? Paul calls for the church to have the same love. You see, God is not divided, He’s one. So, if we say that we are His, then we must be the same as He and His Father were (John 10:10). They were one.  “Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.” (1 John 4:11) The sign of true Christianity is the love we display towards others (John 13:34).

Sing: All my heart to Him I give, ever to Him I’ll cling.  In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing.  Love so mighty and so true, merit my soul’s best songs.  Faithful, loving service, too, to Him belongs.

Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me.

Thought For Today: Love… the bond of perfectness

No comments:

Post a Comment