Friday, February 11, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 11 February 2022

 At The Cross

“For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.” (1 Corinthians 1:18)

 Today’s Morsel:  One of my favorite books is entitled, “The Power and the Wisdom of the Cross”, By J.T. Pugh. Often, I don’t think that folks understand the amount of love that was displayed and revealed at Calvary. The sacrifice that Jesus displayed as a lamb slain from the foundation of the earth should reveal to us just how much God truly loves us. Someone said that He didn’t have to do what He did, but I'm thankful that He did. No one can really preach a true message of the gospel without bringing folks to Calvary and the Cross. If compassion, kindness, and empathy aren’t pulled from our hearts when the gospel is preached, and if it doesn’t cause or make us love more, to be kind to one another more, or open our hearts to others more, then we’ve become blind to the gospel, and the preaching of the cross was not delivered.  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. When we understand Calvary’s cross then we understand love.

Sing: Was it for crimes that I had done, He groaned upon the tree? Amazing pity! Grace unknown! And love beyond degree!

At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away; it was there by faith I received my sight, and now I am happy all the day!

Thought For Today: Calvary speaks of something better!  

No comments:

Post a Comment