Saturday, February 19, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 February 2022

  Unmovable

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.(Romans 8:35-39)

 

Today’s Morsel: I am appalled at the number of people in the church who still struggle with their flesh on a continual basis. This is an indicator that they are not totally committed, or they have something in their heart that they have yet to let go of. Somewhat like the children of Israel. They could never let Egypt go. And it cost them the promised land. Your flesh should not control you as a new creature in Christ. You are supposed to have dominion over the flesh. Paul states that nothing would be able to separate him from the love of God. That means that he had made up his mind. If we never get to the point of nevertheless, we too will struggle with this flesh every time and miss heaven. “Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord(1 Corinthians 15:58).  Walk in the newness Christ has given you.  

Sing: I am determined to hold out to the end. Jesus is with me on Him I can depend; for I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul, I am determined to hold out unto the end.’

Thought For Today: “A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment