Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 16 February 2022

 Fishing and Golf

In your patience possess ye your souls. (Luke 21:19)

Today’s Morsel: I guess the reason that I like playing golf and going fishing is that they both teach you great patience. If you want to catch fish, you must be patient. Fish don't bite on your terms, they bite on their own. And with golf, if someone in front of you is playing slowly you must wait until they are done or far enough ahead so that you do not hit them. Jesus said that we must learn patience so that we do not lose our souls. James even teaches us about patience. He said, “Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the early and latter rain. Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience. Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.(James 5:7-11) No matter what you are facing and going through, learn to be patient and wait on God and everything will fall into place.

Sing: I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You're going to see me through; You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: Wait on God and be of good courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment