Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 22 February 2022

 

Waiting On That Blessed Hope

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.” (Titus 2:11-15)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things about waiting for something is it requires you to have great patience. I have sat and waited in traffic jams because of an accident. I have waited for the postman to deliver an important letter. I waited for the snowplow to come to remove the snow so that I could get to my destination. And I have waited for Jesus to heal me of sickness and illnesses. But what about that blessed hope? Paul told Titus that we are looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ. And so while we wait, let's continue to keep our eyes on the prize, and continue to look for His soon appearing.  Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith. We are just waiting on Jesus, my friend. That blessed hope.  Be patient, He is coming soon.

Sing: Standing, standing, standing on the promises of Christ my Savior; standing, standing, I’m standing on the promises of God.

Thought For Today: Are you serving others while you wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment