Saturday, February 5, 2022

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 February 2022

 Use Your Head

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.” 
(Philippians 4:8-9)


Today’s Morsel: During the spring and summer, I like to stand outside and listen to the woodpeckers making holes in the trees. Sometimes they are pecking so fast that it sounds like an automatic pounder. I often ask myself, I wonder if they ever get a headache? But I realize that their success is the fact that they use their head. A lot of folks are in distress, depressed, with low self-esteem, and despondent because they won’t use their head. Life will throw many challenges at us, and folks are not wise to deal with them. We must keep our minds clear from the clutter of this world. If we are going to be successful in this life and reach heaven, then we must realize that we must use our heads. We must learn 
not to think of ourselves more highly than we ought to think but to think soberlyFor as he thinketh in his heart, so is he. Keep your head in the game. The devil is trying to confuse everyone and turn everyone against each other.  Use your head and don't allow confusion to enter in.  

Sing: When gloom and sadness whispers, you’ve sinned no use to pray, I look away to Jesus and He tells me to say.

I see a crimson stream of blood, it flows from Calvary, its waves which reach the throne of God, are sweeping over me.

Thought For Today: “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” (Isaiah 26:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment