Saturday, August 6, 2011

2011 August 6 - Morning Manna

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem. Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together: Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the LORD. For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee. Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good. (Psalms 122:1-9)
Today's Morsel: I really love going to the house of the Lord. There is nothing like being in a Holy Ghost power packed worship service.  There is nothing like seeing lives changed and people moving into a relationship with God.  David said, I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord.  Why was he so excited about going to the house of God?  Because the house of the Lord is a safe haven.  It is a place to regain strength and comfort in times of trouble.  It is a place where people of like precious faith join together to worship the one and only true God. It is a place where we can bring our burdens and cares and find relief.  It is a place of fullness of joy and pleasure for evermore.  I can't wait for those  times to come.  Do you need a friend?  Do you need someone to just listen?  Do you need a place of quietness where you can be free from the cares of this life for a bit?  Then why not try the house of God, because there is peace within the walls and prosperity within its palaces.
Sing: In His presence is fullness of joy, at His right hand, pleasures forevermore; oh, what fellowship divine, I am His and He is mine, in the presence of the Lord is fullness of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment