Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2011 August 17 - Morning Manna

Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD. And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land. (Jonah 2:1-10).

Today's Morsel:  Are any of you like Jonah? Are you running trying to get away from what God has called you to do?  This second chapter is what Jonah experienced while in the belly of the whale.  He found himself in a mess. Jonah said that he cried unto the Lord in his affliction and the Lord heard him.  I'm sure you've heard the old saying that you can run but you can't hide.  Sooner or later, God will find you.  There are many people today afraid to confess Christ because of fear of what others may say or think.  They are afraid of losing their job or being ridiculed for their belief.  But wouldn't it be easier to just let people know up front what you believe and stand for so that you aren't stressed, unhappy, and trying to cover up who you are?  Sooner or later, they are going to find out who you are because God has a purpose to save people's lives and He is going to use you to do it and no one else.  So you might as well get busy about His business.

Sing: Here I am Lord! Here I am! I give all myself to you, here I am. Here I am Lord, here I am, let you spirit work through me, here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment