Saturday, August 13, 2011

2011 August 13 - Morning Manna

My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word. I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy statutes. Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk of thy wondrous works. My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word. Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously. I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me. I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame. I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart. (Psalms 119:25-32)

 Today's Morsel:   A few year ago, "Band Aid"  came out with a little song that said: " I am stuck on Band-aids brand, cause Band-aids stuck on me."  It was a cute little song to entice parents to buy band-aids to put on their children should they get a cut or scrape while playing, because they would stick and not come off.  And even if they became wet, they would still stick and cover the wound.   So my question to you today is, are you stuck on Jesus and is Jesus stuck on you?  The Psalmist said, "I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame."  It means that he had adhered to the testimonies of God as if he had been glued to them, or as if he and they were firmly united together.  He had so adhered to them that he could not be detached from them.  What about you are, you glued to the testimonies of God?  David said, "The testimonies of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."  Not until we attach ourselves to Jesus  can we saw as Paul: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:35-39).  Jesus said that he came to set at liberty them that was bruised.  He will cover any scar or wound that you have received.  But you have to allow Him to attach Himself to you so He can cover you with His love.  Are you stuck on Jesus and is Jesus stuck on you?

Sing: Jesus got a hold on my life and He won't let me go, Jesus got into my heart, He got into my soul; I use to be oh so sad, but now happy, free, and glad, cause Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go.

No comments:

Post a Comment