Friday, August 5, 2011

2011 August 5 - Morning Manna

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 10:35-11:1)

Today's Morsel:  When people ask me if I receive the newspaper, I always tell them, "Yes".   And when they ask me why, I say it is because I want to check the obituary column to see if my name is in there!   I know that if my name is in there I wouldn't be checking!!  Many people are passing on to their eternal reward.  None of us know when it will be our time.  Paul said that our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.  Therefore, we must not cast away our confidence which has a great recompense of reward.  Paul told Timothy, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8).  He spoke of Moses this way: "By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward" (Hebrews 11:24-26).  There is a crown waiting for each of us, but we must endure to the end to receive it.  So then, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.  So whatever you desire and are waiting for, your faith will determine if you will receive it or not.  Let me encourage you, cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith.

Sing: Faith can move mountains, mountains of fear and of doubt, faith can move mountains, so why don't you try your faith out.

No comments:

Post a Comment