Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2011 August 3 - Morning Manna

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. (Psalms 1:1-6)





Today's Morsel:  Where do you seek most of your counsel from? Do you seek it from your pastor, or do you seek it from those in the world.  King Rehoboam consulted with the old men that stood before Solomon his father while he yet lived, and said, How do ye advise that I may answer this people?  And they spake unto him, saying, If thou wilt be a servant unto this people this day, and wilt serve them, and answer them, and speak good words to them, then they will be thy servants for ever. But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him: And he said unto them, What counsel give ye that we may answer this people, who have spoken to me, saying, Make the yoke which thy father did put upon us lighter? And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins. And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions. So Jeroboam and all the people came to Rehoboam the third day, as the king had appointed, saying, Come to me again the third day. And the king answered the people roughly, and forsook the old men's counsel that they gave him; And spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions (1 Kings 12:6-14).  He didn't heed the advice of his elders and it divided the kingdom of David his father.   I have had many men and women come to me to seek my counsel and advice on certain issues in their life.  Some wanted to know if they should marry a certain individual, or take a certain job. When I gave them what I felt was godly counsel, many of them rejected what I told them, and sought counsel from those in the world about the same issue.  I in no way am an expert or genius when it comes to selecting mates for others, but I do know what the Word of God says, and that is to be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers.  If you marry someone who isn't sold out to serving God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength, you are going to run into trouble sooner or later. Jesus didn't say a house divided against itself cannot stand for nothing.  So my counsel was Bible based, yet some did not heed it.  David said that if you want to be blessed of God, you need to walk not in the counsel of the ungodly. Therefore, you need to seek godly counsel if you are going to stand.



Sing: Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be add unto you, hallelu, hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment