Saturday, August 27, 2011

2011 August 27 - Morning Manna

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: (Philippians 2:12-14).

Today's Morsel: Why does it seem as though complaining has taken over the church?  It seems as though saints are murmuring and complaining about everything.  We don't have enough rain, or it's too much rain.  We have to much snow.  The weather is too cold or too hot.  The food isn't right and doesn't taste good.  The economy is bad.  How did we let this evil spirit of complaining invade our lives?  Why can't we go to church without complaining?  Aren't we taught to cast all our cares upon the Lord?  Aren't we taught to be careful for nothing, but in everything with prayer and supplication to let our request be made known unto God?  Aren't we taught that if we complain, we become overwhelmed?  Aren't we taught that God knows the things we have need of before we ask Him?  So why all the murmuring and complaining in the church?  Paul said that we should do all things without murmurings and disputings.  Why are so many opposed to what God is doing?  Shouldn't we get into the habit as Paul said, "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).  I wonder what God would do if we thanked Him for the weather that He sends our way?  Remember, God's ways aren't ours nor is His thoughts our thoughts.  I am of a firm belief that God knows all things and that all things do work for our good if we love God and keep His commandments.  I don't complain about the snow, because I knew when I moved to Wisconsin it was going to come and we are going to get a lot of it.  That's why I brought a snow thrower and  snow shovels.  When it comes and I'm out shoveling, I just remember what the Lord asked Job, "Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?" (Job 38:22-23).  Remember, we are in a warfare, so let go of the murmuring and complaining and thank God in and for all things.

Sing:  Thank! Thanks! I give you thanks for all you have done. I am so blessed, my soul have found rest, O' Lord, I give you thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment