Thursday, August 25, 2011

2011 August 25 - Morning Manna

And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation. There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God. (1 Samuel 2:1-2)

Today's Morsel: Hanna said, "There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God."  David said, "The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. .....For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?" (2 Samuel 22:2-4;32).   Paul informed the church at Corinth, "Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; And did all eat the same spiritual meat; And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ" (1 Corinthians 10:1-4).  Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb: And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?... Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure" (Isaiah 46:3-5; 9-10).  There is nobody like My Jesus.  Full of mercy and compassion.  A comforter, healer, deliverer, protector, a strong tower, and a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.  There is none like Him.  Who can compare to Him or would even dare?  Like Hanna, my heart rejoices in the Lord who is the rock of my salvation.

Sing: Who is like the Lord, nobody.  Who is like the Lord, no, no, no, no, no, nobody.  Lord we declare, who can compare, who would even dare; there is no one like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment