Thursday, August 18, 2011

2011 August 18 - Morning Manna

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. (1 Timothy 1:12-15).

Today's Morsel:  I love to tell how Jesus saved my soul, when I was lost and facing dark despair.  But my mortal tongue could never tell the whole nor give Him enough thanks for such wonderful love.  Every so often, I pinch myself and say, "Is this really real?"  God has placed me into the ministry to preach this precious saving Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.  My, what an election and calling.  If you knew where I was when He found me, you would understand why I love Him so.   All my secular positions and selections can never compare to this calling.  Someone said that the highest calling one could ever receive, is the calling by God to place a man or woman into the ministry to preach the Gospel; because there is no one higher than God that can call them.  Paul, who was a persecutor of the church, found himself in the ministry of Jesus Christ, and I am honored to follow in his footsteps as well as all the ministers before me.  Paul said, "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief."  There are many people who persecute the church today because they don't yet know Jesus.  But once they realize who He truly is, as Paul did, it's going to change their lives and they, too, may find themselves in the ministry of Jesus Christ.  "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you" Jesus said, (John 15:16).  Are you thankful and excited about the work the Lord has called you to?  I pray so.

Sing:  He is more than all the world to me, the dearest friend that I have ever known; and it will take the whole eternity, to thank Him for the love that He's has shown to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment