Monday, August 15, 2011

2011 August 15 - Morning Manna

The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him. (Psalms 92:12-15)

The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.  (Proverbs 16:31)

The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the gray head. (Proverbs 20:29)

Today's Morsel:  Aging. They say that from the time we come into the world we begin to age and that we are moving from life to dead.  Solomon said that the gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly lifestyle. And he says that the glory of the young is their strength; the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.  When I turned fifty, a friend of mine gave me a hat that said, "Over the hill." I thought to myself, "I'm not over the hill, I'm just on the back nine!"
It is said that you can tell you are growing older when:
Ø You get winded playing checkers.
Ø Your children begin to look middle-aged.
Ø You look forward to a dull evening.
Ø You know all the answers, but nobody's asking the questions.
Ø You join the health club - and don't go.
Ø You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
Ø Your knees buckle, and your belt won't.
Ø You burn the midnight oil at 9:00 P.M.
Ø Dialing long distance wears you out.
Ø Your back goes out more than you do.
Ø You have too much room in the house and not enough in the medicine cabinet
Ø You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.
Ø Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.
Ø You can stand people who are intolerant.

As Solomon said, A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.  (Proverbs 17:22).
 
I pray that you laughed a little today.

Sing: The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment