Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 14

Precepts

 

“Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little: For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.” (Isaiah 28:9-12)

 

Today’s Morsel: Precepts in scripture are the responsibilities that God places on His people. They are design to regulate thought and behavior. Let me explain. First, you cannot delegate responsibility. You can only delegate authority. Responsibility is what you must do because of your authority. And so, when Jesus gives us the Holy Spirit, He gives us His power and authority to operate in His name. So, we find that because of His Spirit in us, we are now responsible to carry out His commands and behave accordingly. I believe this is why numerous times throughout scripture we read and see God’s anger against Israel because they were not carrying out their responsibilities. And it’s no different with some who say that they are born-again. No one ought to have to tell you to love God and others, read your Bible, go to church, tithe, dress modestly, and respect authority. All those things came with the Spirit. No one ought to have to tell you to witness, help your neighbor, and be ethical. That came with your authority from God. Don’t become one of those who in the end find yourself standing before God and hearing Him say to you, “Depart from me, I knew you not.” The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters. And Jesus will not be excepting any excuses from those who do not consider and who do not take His precepts found clearly in scripture serious.  We serve a fair and just God.  

  

Sing: I’ve got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible says. I’ve got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said. Well, I’ve been to the water, and I’ve been baptized in Jesus’ name; my soul got happy and now I’m so satisfied. I wouldn’t take nothing for my journey now.  Just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible says.

 

Thought For Today: “Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.” (Psalms 119:159)

No comments:

Post a Comment