Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 29

Bless The Lord

 

“Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.” (Psalms 103:20-22)

 

Today’s Morsel: What does it mean to bless the Lord? To bless the Lord is to thank Him and to acknowledge Him for who He is. It is to esteem Him worthy from the depths of our inner most being. It is to speak well of His greatness and goodness towards us to others. The Psalmist calls for us to always bless the Lord, and to let the high praises of God be in our mouth, and a two-edged sword in our hands. So, what are we to bless God for? David said for all His benefits. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.” (Psalms 103:2-5) He even calls for the angels to bless Him. For all of His ministers to bless Him. And for all His works and creation to bless him. David continues, “I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (Psalms 34:1) As the people of God, from the rising of the sun until the going down of the same, the Lord’s name ought to be praised from our lips. 

 

Sing: I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  My soul shall make her boast in Thee, Lord, the humble shall here thereof and be glad. Oh’ magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together, I sought the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me from all of my fears. 

 

Thought For Today: Ye that fear the LORDbless the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment