Thursday, May 30, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 30

The Lord Is My Shepherd

 

“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” (Psalms 23:1)

 

Today’s Morsel: Jesus said: “But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.” (John 10:2-4); “I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.” (John 10:11); 

“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.” (John 10:14) ; “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.” (John 10:27-30) Throughout scripture, we see that saints are associated with being the people of God’s pasture, and the sheep of His hand. The analogy of one being a shepherd is that of one being an overseer, watchman, caretaker, or pastor. And his overall duty is to look after and ensure that the sheep are fed and protected. Your pastor is your shepherd. Your pastor has been entrusted by God to look after you, and to feed you. Now it’s up to you if you stay in the fold or not and allow them to do their duty. Sheep that wonder off usually get lost and are killed by wolves or other wild animals. So, I would recommend that you stay close to the shepherd that Jesus has given you and you will never have to worry about want.

 

Sing: He leadeth me, He leadeth me, by His great power He leadeth me. His faithful servant I will be, for by His power He leadeth me.

 

Thought For Today: “And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.” (John 10:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment