Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 1

 Mayday

 

“And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.” (Acts 16:9-10)

 

Today’s Morsel: Mayday is an internationally recognized radio word to signal distress. It's used mostly by aircraft and boats, and most of us are only familiar with it through TV and fiction.  Paul received a mayday call in a vision by a man in Macedonia and prayed him, saying, “Come over into Macedonia and help us.” And immediately they did not delay but came as quickly as they could to help them. Do you hear the mayday call coming from your next-door neighbor, your community, or the next town saying, “Come over and help us?” Do you hear the distress call by the abused, the lost, the lonely, the elderly, the widow, the widower, addicted, and the homeless, saying, “Come over and help us?” Every day, someone that you pass by in the store, on the job, on the plane, and even in the church is saying, “Help me.” Can you see and feel the hurt and pain? Can you feel the hand reaching out for your help? Is there someone that you know who is sending out a mayday call to you?  Will you answer the distress call?  Someone answered it one day for you.  

Sing: I was sinking deep in sin far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within sinking to rise no more.  But the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry; and from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

Love lifted me. Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me. Love lifted me. When nothing else could help, love, lifted, me.

 

Thought For Today: “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.” (Psalms 50:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment