Saturday, May 4, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 4

I’m Still Here

 

“And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely: Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed. And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.” (Acts 16:23-28)

 

Today’s Morsel: How many of you remember when you first got saved. How many of you think that folks wrote you off not thinking that you would stay with it. You know I have seen many people start out on this same journey, and for some unknown reason, they became weary and threw in the towel and went back to the ways of the world. I’m not saying that they cannot come back, that is perhaps what the story of the prodigal son is in the Bible is about, letting us know that God is a God of second chances. Just don’t wait too long. But there are many of you that are still here. One of the highlights for me, is when I look across the table in our District Board room meetings, and I see our District Superintendent, Bishop James Booker, and our Section 1 and 3 Presbyters, Rev Dale Pace, and Rev Scott Jacobs, men whom I first met in 2001, who are now in senior leadership, and these men are men that are still here. Or, our previous District Superintendent, Bishop John Putnam, whom I first met in Germany when I first got saved, and District Secretary, Elder E.A. Kaske, whom I first met in 2001, and I served with him on our District Board for several years; these men and their wives are still here serving God.  Wow, I’m telling you this is the best life ever. There are many that I know that others had written off, but they are still here serving Jesus. The jailer thought that the prisoners has escaped and that his life was in much danger, but Paul cried, “We are all here.” Jesus asked, “When the Son of Man come again will He find faith on the earth?” In other words, are you still going to be here? “And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity; And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.” (Luke 2:36-37).  I have a made up mind, I pray you do, too.  Look up, for your redemption draws nigh!

 

Sing: I am determined to hold out to the end. Jesus is with me, on Him I can depend; for I know I have salvation for I feel it in my soul. I am determined to hold out to the end. 

 

Thought For Today: Hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment