Monday, May 13, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 13

The Choice Is Yours

 

“And he said, A certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.” (Luke 15:11-24)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that we often see when we are reading scriptures is that God gives us free choice after He has shown us the correct way. God isn’t about to keep standing and telling you what to do when He already knows that we know what to do. The problem is some folks do not like what He says to do. And so they avoid doing it, keeping themselves in the same depressive and miserable state they are in. But what I like about the story of the Prodigal Son is that he comes to himself and realizes that the choice to do something about his condition was his to make. By all accounts he had tried to make it own his own. He even tried to find work to fix his condition. But because there was a famine, no one was hiring. He was running into a shut door after shut door. He did, however, land a job feeding swine. But that wasn’t doing anything to feed himself, nor feed his soul. And so, he came to himself and said, I’m going home to my father. He realized that he had another choice that would hopefully correct his condition. And that was to go home. What about you? What’s your situation right now? Is the door shut? Is your situation rewarding you good? If not, you still have a choice. You can stay there, or you can come home to Jesus, your Heavenly Father, and allow Him to restore you to your rightful place.  Today is the day that you can come to yourself, the choice is yours to make.  

 

Sing: Aren’t getting just a bit tired of fooling around? You’re trying to laugh your way through this life, but you’re not gaining ground. Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay. You’ll find Jesus’ love to be the best thing that you’ve ever found.

Jesus got ahold of my life, and He won’t let me go. Jesus got into my heart, He got into my soul. I used to be oh so sad, but now I’m happy free and glad; because Jesus got ahold of my life and He want let me go.

 

Thought For Today: When you change your attitude, you can change your choices (Parker) 

No comments:

Post a Comment