Friday, May 24, 2024

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2024 May 24

Deferring Anger

 

“The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.” (Proverbs 19:11)

 

Today’s Morsel: When we allow temperance to operate in our lives, we can control our anger. I have come to realize, that that there are just so many thoughts that people struggle with in their lives that can be deferred if they would just choose correctly. And anger is one of them. Whether we become angry with someone else or ourselves, it is a choice that we make. Whether we may like it or not, we choose our anger. And that is what the devil wants. He doesn’t want you to live and do what is right.  He knows that he controls you and your mind when you and others cannot get along. We even make the choice to gossip, lie, cheat, and steal. Are you aware that when you lie or gossip about someone else you are not hurting them? But that you are hurting yourself. That’s right. When you do these things, it destroys your character. Don’t ever forget that we all must appear before God to give an account of the things we’ve done in this life. If we would move on to perfection and do what God is telling us to do in His word, we wouldn’t have to worry about anger controlling us. Scripture says that anger rest in the bosom of fools (Eccl 7:9); And that the fool has said in his heart that there is no God(Psalms 14:1). If you want to defer some of the bad choices that you may be making in your life, seek God for wisdom and discretion. It will work for your good every time.


Sing: 
I need you, you need me, we're all a part of God's body. Stand with me, agree with me, we're all a part of God's body. It is His will that every need be supplied. You are important to me; I need you to survive. I'll pray for you, you pray for me, I love you, I need you to survive. I won't harm you with words from my mouth, I love you, I need you to survive.

 

Thought For Today: Remember, anger will usually cause you the most hurt in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment