Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 25 September 2019


Potty Training
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often, I like to get a good chuckle out of scripture.  I have heard today's scripture preached, taught, and I have even taught from it.  And I have had people say to me, why is it that you can raise two kids in the same household, take them to church every Sunday, one grows up, does what is right, serves God, and has what is seen as a good life; and the other one lives for the devil and is always in trouble?  And they quote todays scripture passage.  Really, none of us knows why.  But what if this passage is talking about ‘Potty training?’  Solomon says, “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”  Once a child is well potty trained they usually don’t forget when they need to go to the bathroom. Even when they are old.  Just a little humor in your thought for today!

Sing: I’m running for my life. I’m running for my life. Running for my life, I’m running for my life. If anybody asks you, what’s the matter with me, tell them I’m saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost filled and water baptized, I’ve got Jesus on the inside, and I’m running for my life. 

Thought For Today: Don’t chew your nails, it’s a sign of poor potty training. (Humor Parker)  

No comments:

Post a Comment