Thursday, September 19, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 September 2019


No Value
But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all physicians of no value.” (Job 13:4)

Today’s Morsel:  When we lived in Asia, often times, our duties would take us to South Korea, where there is lots of shopping.  Vendors from around 3:30 pm to midnight each day would line the streets to sell their goods. Every vendor would try to lure you into their store or to their carts to get you to buy their products. Every so often, I would get asked by a vendor, “Do you want to buy a genuine imitation Rolex watch?”  I would just laugh and think to myself, Who would want to buy an imitation watch?  But sad to say, not only do we buy things that are an imitation, we buy things that are of no value at all.  Some people even settle for fake religion.  Nothing that is made in this world is real. Solomon states, “Is there anything whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.” (Ecclesiastes 1:10)  Job told his friends that they were physicians of no value.  Their counsel to him wasn’t worth anything to help alleviate his pain and suffering.  If you’ve got folks in your life that keep leading you further away from Jesus, they are of no value to you, and you may want to discard them. Because the gospel is the only real thing in this world.  Buy the Truth and sell it not.  

Sing: It’s real! It’s real! I know it’s real, this Pentecostal blessing and I know, I know it’s real.  It’s real! It’s real! I know it’s real, this Pentecostal blessing and I know, I know it’s real.  

Thought For Today: The gospel is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment