Friday, September 6, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 6 September 2019


Courage

He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.” 
(John 1:8-9)

Today’s Morsel:  Most people, when reading about John the Baptist, focus on how he was dressed and what he was eating when he came.  But John was more courageous than what people may realize.  It took courage to speak as John spoke as the forerunner for Jesus.  And it will take the same from us as His disciples.  If you are going to bear witness of the true Light in these last days, which is Jesus, it’s going to require you to have the courage to stand against sin, evil, and all the on the slaught of wickedness and perversion that will come against you, your family, and the church.  It’s going to take courage for you to keep going in adversity.  Now is not the time to faint and throw in the towel.  It is when you are hardest hit that you must not quit.  As E.E. Cummings said, “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” 

Sing: I’ll stand for Thee dear Jesus no matter the cost may be.  I’ll spread the gospel to the lost each day. And if it be Thy will Lord to send me over the sea, I’ll go though death may come my way.
Jesus use me, O’ Lord, don’t refuse me, for surely there’s a work that I can do. And even though its humble Lord help my will to crumble.  Though the cost be great I’ll work for you.

Thought For Today: “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.” ― Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment