Monday, September 23, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 September 2019


Are you good enough?

And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
(1 Timothy 1:12-14)

Today’s Morsel:  Fifty years ago today I enlisted in the U.S. Army.   As a young 17-year-old kid, fresh out of high school, not know what I wanted to do with my life, as I sat watching television, an army commercial came on.  The song said, “If you are good enough to get in, you’ll travel far and wide. If you are good enough to get in, you’ll serve your country well.  Oh the future can be yours in the new action army.  If you think you are good enough to get on the team, then a prouder future can be yours.”  And so, I went to the recruiter’s office and enlisted.  At that time, little did I know what God had in store for me.  By making that one move, I have seen many parts of the world, made and met many great people, seen many great things, met and married the love of my life, and God called and placed me in the ministry while on active duty.  All because, I believe, I felt good enough to accept the challenge. What about you.  Do you think you are good enough to accept God’s challenge?  “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."  (Mark 16:15)  If you put forth your good, God will pull out your best.  

Sing: If it had not been, for the Lord on my side, tell me where would I be? Where would I be?

Thought For Today: Put forth your good, God will pull out your best (Parker).


No comments:

Post a Comment