Monday, September 2, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2 September 2019


Labor Day
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.” (1 Corinthians 3:9)

Today’s Morsel:  Ever since I was a kid, I have had many jobs in my life.  The first job that I can remember being paid for was shelling beans for 5 cents a pint. Hard work for such a small wage, yet we did quite well. And in most cases, we enjoyed it, as it was a time of fun and fellowship with others.  I think it taught us more about the value of self and service to others than about what someone was paying us.  Paul said that we are laborers together with God.  Therefore, everything that we do should be to His glory.  Working together with Jesus may not seem to pay much, but friend the retirement plan is out of this world.


Thought For Today: Heaven…the reward for Godly laborers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment