Friday, September 20, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 September 2019


Favoritism
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.” (James 2:8-9)

Today’s Morsel:  I like to tease with this young girl at church.  She’s really starting to grow in the Lord, and I like to tease her a little to get her to laugh.  I tell her, “Jesus loves you, but I’m his favorite.”  She quickly replies, “No way! God is no respecter of persons.  If you are his favorite so am I.”  Isn’t it reassuring to know that God loves everyone equally?  John said, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:16-17)  If God is no respecter of persons neither should we be.  

Sing: Your my brother you’re my sister, so take me by the hand, together we will work until He comes. There’s no foe that can defeat us when we are walking side by side, for as long as there is love we can stand.

Thought For Today: Don't allow skin color to hinder your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment