Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 September 2019


Restoration

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.” 
(Psalms 23:1-6)

Today’s Morsel: Psalms 23 is probably one of the most quoted and memorized passages of scripture in the Bible.  It is often used as a comforting passage to cite in the time of bereavement.  But what do we do when our souls are dry and need restoring?  Or how do we know when our souls need restoration?  David asked his soul what was wrong with it that it no longer trusted in God. (Psalms 42)  How do we get restored when we wander out of his pathway?  Or when we fall?   When David sinned with Bathsheba, he prayed for forgiveness, and God restored his soul.  When King Hezekiah fell sick because his house wasn’t in order, he prayed, and God restored him.  Therefore, I conclude that the quickest way to restoration is through prayer.

Sing:  Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, Love lifted me.

Thought For Today: Restoration of the soul begins with prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment