Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 September 2019


 Overflow
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” 
(Romans 15:13)

Today’s Morsel:  For the past few years, it seems as though a lot of rivers have been overflowing and causing much destruction and damage.  David wrote, Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul. I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.” (Psalms 69:1-2)  Are you in the overflow?  Paul prayed that God would fill us with joy and peace in believing.  Wouldn’t it be neat if everyone were to get filled to overflowing with joy and peace?  Isn’t it amazing that on the Day of Pentecost they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to speak with other tongues as the Spirit gave them the utterance?  That overflow of the Holy Ghost just flowed out of them.  If we are filled with His spirit, then how much love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, humility, and self-control is flowing out of us?  At the wedding in Cana of Galilee, when they ran out of wine, they were told to fill the water pots with water.  And they filled them to the brim.  I believe they said within themselves, if there is going to be a miracle, then let it be an overflow.  That's how I want my life to be, an overflow of the Spirit.  

Sing:  Fill me now, fill me now, Jesus come and fill me now; Fill me with Thy hallowed presence, come, O come and fill me now.

Thought For Today: They filled the water pots to the brim.

No comments:

Post a Comment