Thursday, September 12, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 September 2019


Knowledge

“The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.” (Proverbs 18:15)

Today’s Morsel: I had a man in the church that I pastored in Japan tell me that his wife thought the soap opera, “The Guiding Light” was a Christian program until she came into the church and found the truth (humor).   As the world turns, there are so many today whom we may think whose lives should be overflowing with knowledge because of their secular degrees yet they seem to be without any knowledge of God at all.  I’m not only talk about those in the world, I’m even talking about many in the church.  The Lord admonishes, “Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD” (Psalms 14:4); and He continues, “Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst. Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it” (Isaiah 5:13-14); “For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.(Jeremiah 4:22)  Solomon said that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge (Proverbs 1:7).  A life without wisdom, instruction, and understanding is a life without knowledge.  As knowledge always proceeds wisdom, instruction, and understanding.  Don't be fooled, you do need The Guiding Light!  

Sing:  Many things about tomorrow I don’t seem to understand, but I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds my hand.

Thought For Today: Knowledge always proceeds wisdom, instruction, and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment