Saturday, September 26, 2015

2015 September 26 - Morning Manna

For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
(2 Corinthians 5:4-11)

Today's Morsel:  I know that this may come as a surprise to some folks, but I'm changing my teaching.  For years I have taught that not everyone will go to heaven.  Well, I find in scripture that isn't true.  Everyone will go to heaven.  But the question is, will you get to stay there?  Paul said in 2 Corinthians 5:10, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his bodyaccording to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. "  You may get to go there, but will you get in and get to stay?  You may stand before Jesus, but will you be found worthy.  Will your name be in the book of life.  Will you be found to have lived a life of peace toward all men and holiness (Hebrews 12:14)?   Will you be found born again of the water and spirit (Acts 2:38)?  "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31).  Yes, we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ someday.  Are you ready?

Sing:  For above all else, I must be saved. For above all else, I must be saved.  Lord whatever you have to do to me, don't let me be lost for eternity, for above all else, I must be saved.

Thought for Today: There are no second chances when you stand before Christ. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe the judgement seat of Christ is for believers. To ansr for their works, done or undone & rewards given. Not unbelievers. Corinthians is written to the church, saints of God. And I'm of the understanding the white thrown judgement is for unbelievers, to be judged for sins.

    ReplyDelete